7.30 ACT on the ABC
Friday June 27th
- NDIS Roll Out – With just days until the NDIS rolls out in Canberra formal agreements are yet to be completed and there is fear and uncertainty amongst people with a disability and support workers as to how it will operate. Adrienne Francis
- Science Rally – Canberra’s scientists head out of the labs and on to the streets to protest against government funding cuts and job losses. Craig Allen
- BCOF – Much of the world recently celebrated and commemorated the veterans of D-Day. At the same time, with the help of a retired Canberra officer, another group of servicemen was struggling for recognition. Simon Royal
- Cycle Advocate – The head of San Francisco’s transport planning body has been in Canberra talking about how his city ended the ‘cycle wars’ and made cycling an effective part of the public transport mix. Chris Kimball
- Touch – The best art installation you’ll never see. Meet the artists of ‘Touch’ an exhibition created by people who are blind or visually impaired. It will be exhibited in complete darkness at the Canberra Theatre. Their work re-defines our perceptions of art. Chris Kimball
- Blizzard – The big chill that hit Canberra and the Snowys this week.
This weeks photo is from one of our own; cameraman producer Greg Nelson… The ‘early bird’ views Canberra through dawn fog at the National Arboretum.