7.30 ACT on the ABC
Friday July 11th
- Asbestos and the Property Sector – Adrienne Francis reports on the concerns in the ACT property sector about the ongoing ‘Mr Fluffy’ loose fill asbestos crisis. The dilemma of who should know and how to disclose information about houses that are affected.
- Kefford on Asbestos Taskforce – The head of the Asbestos Reponse Taskforce speaks to Chris Kimball about the surge of questions he’s fielding from the community about asbestos related issues.
- The Art and Soul of Hetti Perkins – Writer and presenter of ABC TV series ‘Art Plus Soul’ Hetti Perkins shares an insider’s perspective of the often politically charged work of contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. Features the National Gallery of Australia’s indigenous collection.
- Bangarra presents ‘Patyegarang’ – Bangarra Dance Company’s latest production ‘Patyegarang’ opens in Canberra next week. Sharon O’Neil reports on the origins of the unique performance piece.
- Rats on Patrol – With its natural bush setting and bike path network, Canberra is a city made for riding but not all cycling clubs are about lycra and the latest gear. Rat Patrol is a collective of people passionate about recycling discarded bikes and turning them into something functional and artistic. Chris Kimball joined the Rat Pack.