The War Memorial has published details of what’s going on Wednesday morning for the Dawn Service.
The service is running from 5.30am to 6, but they suggest arrival at 4.30.
– Large numbers are expected; members of the general public should arrive from 4.30 am.
– It is suggested you wear warm clothing and bring a torch.
– On-site lighting is provided until 5.25 am.
– Programs are available free of charge upon arrival.
– This is an informal ceremony, with visitors standing on the Parade Ground.
– The Commemorative Area will be open to the public 15 minutes after the ceremony and poppies will be available by donation.
– First aid services will be available.
– Please bring bottled water and eat something before your arrival.
– Parking for mobility impaired
– ACTION Buses will provide a free bus service to the ANZAC Day Dawn Service, departing from all major bus stations.
– The Memorial will provide free Park and Ride shuttles which will run between Russell Offices and the Australian War Memorial, starting from 4 am until 5.10 am with return services starting at 6 am.