1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Grease and flour two mini pie tins, and line with shortcrust pastry.
3. Cover the bottom of the piecrust with a thin layer of cooked rice. The rice will absorb any excess liquid from the curry so your pie doesn’t get a soggy base.
4. Fill with leftover curry. I used a mild vegie curry in a tomato sauce – what’s a pie without tomato sauce? And added a finely chopped small red chilli.
5. Bake for about 20 mins til the crust edges start to brown.
6. Microwave two pappadams for 45 seconds.
7. Plate the pies, put pappadams on top.
Beer matching recommendations welcome. All I’ve been drinking lately is Cascade Green.