Bimberi is the new “Youth Detention Centre” in Mitchell, and as it nears completion, they are recruiting staff now.
This from the DHCS website:
Bimberi will replace the current Youth Detention Centre at Symonston. It will be the first Human Rights Compliant youth detention centre in Australia. As well as being designed to meet Human Rights standards, Bimberi will have the latest in security technology for all security levels from low to maximum. Bimberi will have state-of-the-art recreation, education, training and health facilities.
(Not to mention, the guests being the first people in Gungahlin to get a swimming pool…)
But curiously, of all the workshops they are having/have had to recruit these staff, none of them are located near where the actual employment will be located:
- Goulburn Soldiers Club 6pm Thursday 24th April 08
- Vikings Tuggeranong 6pm Wednesday 30th April 08
- Cooma Ex-Servicemen’s Club 6pm Monday 5th May 08
- Yass Soldiers Club 6pm Thursday 8th May 08
- Queanbeyan Roos Club 6pm Monday 12th May 08
- Woden Southern Cross Club 6pm Thursday 15th May 08
Ah that oh so rare commodity common sense…