ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire in a building on Moore Street, City.
Building occupants safely evacuated from the “Globe on Moore” building.
ACT Fire & Rescue crews currently conducting ventilation and air monitoring operations.
Update to follow.
1:49pm Monday 6 February 2012
Fire started when plastics on a stove top ignited.
Fire was in a residential apartment on the sixth floor.
Two fire pumpers on scene with the Bronto Skylift Hydraulic Platform, the Breathing Apparatus van and a Command vehicle.
Crews alerted following an Automatic Fire Alarm at 1.28pm.
2:04pm Monday 6 February 2012