Katy Gallager has announced the release of an “Action Framework” for the 27 mental health agencies and community service organisations involved in mental health services in Canberra.
“The ACT is one of the leading jurisdictions in Australia in regards to community mental health – providing recovery services and rehabilitation, supported accommodation, sub-acute residential and outreach services, and mental health promotion and prevention to schools and the community.”
“The feedback from this review means we now know more about our community mental health sector than ever before. An Action Framework will now be implemented to ensure the ACT community mental health sector serves the needs of consumers and carers, and leads Australia.”
The Framework includes recommendations for;
– More integrated service planning between government and community agencies;
– Better outcome measurement;
– Quality benchmarking;
– Leadership development in the sector;
– Measures which will give agencies capacity to consolidate into more sustainable organisations; and
– Implementing and monitoring the ACT Mental Health Services Plan 2009 – 2014.
We’ve requested the framework and will post when we get it.