Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Dishwasher at Harrison home causes fire

By Canfan - 4 July 2014 0

A dishwasher at a Harrison home has caught fire tonight causing minor damage to the kitchen.

ACT Fire & Rescue extinguished the fire at the Moonlight Avenue two-storey apartment after being alerted by an Emergency Triple Zero (000) call at 9.46pm by the residents. All residents safely self evacuated.

The house has sustained some minor smoke damage and ACT Fire & Rescue are currently conducting air monitoring and ventilation operations.

The dishwasher has been destroyed.

Two fire pumpers, the Hazardous Materials Unit, Breathing Apparatus Van and a Commander are currently on scene.

ACT Fire & Rescue expect residents to be allowed to return to the home at approximately 11pm.

(ESA Media Release)

What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2016 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.

Search across the site