2012 is showing no signs of going quietly into that good night.
What’s do you know about that’s worth seeing and doing this weekend in and around Canberra?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
From our Calendar:
– Tom Woodward, Hashemoto & Konrad Lenz @ Smiths Alternative Bookstore
– Suitcase rummage at New Acton
– City Kid Benefit @ Trinity
– COZMO at the HELLENIC IN THE CITY!
– BUMPER BOATS COMING TO CITY WALK! For Christmas Carnival in the City.
– Remember me: the lost diggers of Vignacourt at the War Memorial
– Saucy Panto at Teatro Vivaldi
– Local Feats, a retrospective of local feature films 1971-2010
– College Express 2012 at the Belconnen Arts Centre
– Toulouse-Lautrec the summer blockbuster for 2012-13
At the Phoenix:
Thursday 13th 9pm
Positive Feedback Loop
Saturday 15th 9:30pm
Sunday 16th 5pm
A Very Queer Christmas
Monday 17th 8pm
The Bootleg Sessions
The Toot Toot Toots
The King Hits
– Los Chavos RESIDENT PROGRAM @ Transit [FREE ENTRY!]
– Beats & Bass . Thursdays . Trinity Bar
– Food Feast @ Smoque
– WDGAF @ The Clubhouse
– Kev’s Birthday Bash @ The Basement
– The Pot Belly Presents…
– PANG! pres. FLIGHT FACILITIES (FREQ FLYING TOUR) – Fri 14th Dec – TRINITY BAR
– New Technique @ The Clubhouse
– Humans vs Zombies Canberra: The Santa Virus @ Haig Park
– Silence of the Jams – Rollerderby at AIS Arena
– LADY BONES pres. TEEN SPIRIT 90′s Party – SAT 15 DEC – TRINITY BAR
– Subsquad Presentrs – Terravita @ The Clubhouse
There’s also Kev’s birthday bash at the Basement this friday featuring some great Canberra talent
Favourite of the folk scene/festival circuit:
Martin Pearson and the MP3
Friday 8pm, $20
Ainslie Arts Centre, Elouera St, ACT
Farcebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/389012861173635/?ref=ts&fref=ts
The Acca Daiquiris
Rock and roll with a distinctly jazz flavour
Four gigs this weekend, starting tonight (Thursday) at the National Press Club from 7pm
Farcebook event for all gigs: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/394131387333061/?fref=ts
Not sure if there are tickets still available, but Parkway Drive and I Killed The Prom Queen are on Sunday night at UC Refectory from 7pm.
Marji Curran and some other cool blues stuff on at the Pot tonight.
Just received a message that there will be free beer at Page Tavern from 4:30 until 6pm – can anyone confirm this?!
Have you ever been the victim of extreme road rage?