OK Rioters, the sun is shining and at the end of a short week there’s another weekend to plan.
What’s worth seeing and doing around town?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
No related listings yet! Be the first to add one
Friday 16 March 2012
PIETA BROWN and the Sawdust Boys (USA) + Lucie Thorne
THE POLISH WHITE EAGLE CLUB
38 David St, Turner
Tickets $25/$ 22 + bf presale; $30/$25 at the door – if available
Tickets on sale through Moshtix:
Second Sun album launch + Alice Cottee + Cuddlefish
The Front Cafe and Gallery, Wattle Street, Lyneham
7pm, Sunday 18 March. $7/$5
From our Calendar:
– Take the kids to meet the Giants
– Public AMOS talk on climate change by Greg Holland
– Superset Me at Dendy
– Scooter giveaway for St Paddy’s bash. What could possibly go wrong @ ANU Bar
– So you think you can hipster?
– BBall band bash in the old Toast courtyard.
– Carp out
– The Alliance Française French Film Festival
– Australian premiere of “The Great White Silence” features heroic animals!
– The Real & Ideal at the M16 Artspace
– Get Buck’d Off! @ TAC
– Canberra Festival things
– Behind the Lines at Museum of Australian Democracy
– 10 Centuries of manuscripts at the National Library. Handwritten
– Renaissance at the NGA
– Out of the West at the NGA.
– One Wall, One Night
– Nuala Honan + Rafe Morris + Drew Walky + Julia Johnson @ CMC
– Going To Hell In This Handy Basket @ The Phoenix
– Zoopagoo Funks the Ladies @ The Front
– Freshly Ground presents NOT IN THOSE SHOES @ The Newsroom
– Poetry is the real winner @ The Phoenix
– Philo’s Fiddler on the roof
Lifeline Canberra Autumn Book Fair is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Stock up on some reading material for the cooler months! Gold coin donation with proceeds going to Lifeline Canberra.
And BarCampCanberra is on tomorrow: http://barcampcanberra.org/profile/
A few tickets left I hear.
We gotta get out of this place! @ Smiths
SHANANIGANS ENTERTAINMENT and THE GREENROOM PROUDLY PRESENT:
**A NIRVANA TRIBUTE NIGHT**
Last years Nirvana Tribute was such a huge success that we’ve decided to do it again!
This year we’ll see more local bands performing songs from 1 particular Nirvana album each.
** NA MAZA performing songs from NEVERMIND
** VARIODIVERS performing songs from IN UTERO
** ABREACT (Melb) performing songs from BLEACH
** SEPTIMUS PRIME performing songs from MTV UNPLUGGED
When: FRI 16th MARCH
Where: THE GREENROOM CANBERRA (Upstairs at the Woden Tradies)
Entry: $20 + BF
The first band kicks off at 8pm so get there early!!
The Woden Tradies also has $5 schnitzels on Fri nights and drink specials, so come along early and enjoy!
Tickets are available through MOSHTIX (follow the link) and on the door. Tickets go on sale Feb 3rd at 7am.
Don’t forget, the GREENROOM is only open for the Month of March as a trial. If it goes well, it will be rebuilt as a permanent live music venue. So get along to one of the shows they have on during the month of March!! Help support live music in Canberra!!
Hope to see you all there!
St Patricks Night Punk Oblivion at The Basement
Sat 17th March
and the Secret Mystery Act !
Doors at 8pm
2 Cohen St Belco
Ballet in the park tonight!
I can’t believe this didn’t pop up on here sooner, but The Blanks (aka Ted’s band from Scrubs) are on tonight at Zierholz chUCkle hut – Uni of Canberra.
Yass show all weekend, with Rodeo from 4 – 9:30pm tonight!! =]
High Rise in Reid, yae or nay!