Has there ever been a better time to be in Canberra?
With the weekend upon us what’s worth seeing and doing around town?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
From our calendar:
– Spoil signing off in a blaze of rock glory @ ANU Bar
– Tease & Tearaways presents… The Rock ‘n’ Roll Edition @ Hellenic In The City
– Beach Party at Questacon!
– Attack of the Flat Track Women – CRDL Grand Final @ AIS Arena
– Kids book launch with Robyn Goodwin @ Paperchain
– Opera in the Cave – Wee Jasper 17 November
– AME School 40th Anniversary
– 4:48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane
– Remember me: the lost diggers of Vignacourt at the War Memorial
– Local Feats, a retrospective of local feature films 1971-2010
At The Phoenix:
Thursday 15th 9pm
Kid You Not
Saturday 17th 9:30pm
Monday 19th 8pm
The High Seas Punktuation Podcast Presents The Bootleg Sessions
– Juke Baritone & The Swamp Dogs @ The Front
– WDGAF Presents Helicopter Showdown / Hydraulix / Phase One @ The Clubhouse
– 2012 M16 Artspace Drawing Prize
– Buddha & The Bomb, special guest Melanie Horsnall @ The Polo
– AMINE ALLALI – FRI NOV 16th – Trinity Bar – Our Sound (Local Edition)
– LITTLE JODIE | VINTAGE VULVA | HENCE THE TESTBED | THE BASTARDS @ THE BASEMENT
– GROUNDWERK invites Fourthstate @ The Clubhouse
– WALKATHON @ Regatta Point
– PURPLE SNEAKERS DJS – Sat Nov 17th – Trinity Bar – House Party Canberra
– Breaking Orbit, Renegade Peacock, Mudd Puppy & Critical Monkee!! @ The Basement
– Subsquad Presents Phetsta @ The Clubhouse
– NEVER MONDAYS – SUNDAY NOV 18 – Trinity Bar
– The Feldons @ A Bite To Eat (Chifley)
Moonlight Movie at Flint in the Vines on Friday night
Race and Taste at Thoroughbred Park on Sunday
Nick Rheinberger playing at:
The Merry Muse with Jan Preston (Friday from 7.30pm).
The Front Cafe (Saturday from 8pm) with Dave Blanken and Steve Bardwell plus Leo Joseph and Mitch Preston
Harrison Twilight Fair Saturday 3 – 7. There will be rides, homemade cakes, gelato, fairy floss, sideshow alley, community and business stalls, a monster raffle and performances.
Harrison School, Wimmera St Harrison.
Marques in the Park is on Sunday at John Knight Park, Belconnen
Sam Buckingham and The Burley Griffin at The Front Saturday night:
Standing in Another Man’s Grave by Ian Rankin
Meet Ian Rankin, one of the world’s most famous crime fiction writers, in conversation with Colin Steele.
Ian’s new book, Standing in Another Man’s Grave, sees the return of his detective, John Rebus, five years after Rebus’s retirement. Not only is Rebus as stubborn and anarchic as ever, but he finds himself in trouble with Rankin’s latest creation, Malcolm Fox of Edinburgh’s internal affairs unit. Added to which, Rebus may be about to derail the career of his ex-colleague Siobhan Clarke, while himself being permanently derailed by mob boss and old adversary Big Ger Cafferty.
Speaker/Host: Ian Rankin, crime writer
Venue: Theatre 1, Manning Clark Centre, Union Court, ANU
Date: Monday, 19 November 2012
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Enquiries: ANU Events on 6125 4144
* Results are based on activity within last 7 days
Are you in favour of Light Rail for Canberra?