Still not quite in the rhythm? Neither are we.
And yet it appears the weekend is here any old how.
What’s worth seeing and doing around Canberra this weekend?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
From our calendar:
– Sculpture Bar Thursdays @ National Gallery
– Simon Singh on The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets @ Questacon
– Sunday Sessions at Old Parliament House
– ANU’s treasures going on display
– Old Masters: Australia’s Great Bark Artists @ National Museum
– Mapping Our World: Terra Incognita to Australia @ The National Library
– The Incas coming to the National Gallery
– Lichtenstein at the National Gallery
At The Phoenix:
Thursday 16th 9pm
Yoko Oh No
The Union Pacific
Saturday 18th 9:30pm
All In A Year
Monday 20th 8pm
The Bootleg Sessions
The Kujo Kings
Three’s a crowd
Tuesday 21st 7:30pm
Arc Cinema presents
Trivia and Spheres with Bondy and Kiers
- Gatherer + Calico Cat + Reuben Ingall + guests @ Smiths
– KING PARROT w/- HIGH TENSION, PSYNONEMOUS, SHADOW QUEEN, IMPERILMENT @ The basement
– (don’t call it a) Comeback Show! TONK // Renegade Peacock // Finding Eve @ Transit
– PANG! pres. SKIN & BONES – FRI 17TH JAN – Trinity Bar
– SOUNDS MASSIVE @ TheClubhouse
– Battle of 5 Bridges 2: A Bridge Too Far @ Weston Park
– Los Chavos VS Botanical Gardens! – Summer Sounds Concert
– Crank Presents – Fresh Blood @ The Clubhouse
– Rumshack @ The Iron Bar
– Ben Kelly with Dylan Hekimian @ Smiths
– Shadowhouse Pits presents WITHOUT A VOICE 4 – All The Lonely People @ Smiths
The Australian Youth Orchestra is holding their annual National Music Camp in Canberra, people with culture will want to see the Australian classical stars of tomorrow in two concerts on Saturday 18 January. Admission by donation at the door.
Sunday: Born of Osiris, After The Massacre, Aeon of Horus and Inhuman Remnants at the Basement in Belconnen.
Seussical the Musical At belconnen theatre is great fun and not that expensive. there is great singing, circus tricks and even bubbles. Recommended for families with young kids.
Should road rules be the same for motorists and bikes?