The last regular weekend of 2012, what summer fun is to be had in and around Canberra?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
From our Calendar:
– Weathersounds at the School of Art
– Mayan End of the World Party @ Manning Clark House
– BRACE Mixed Martial Arts Fight Night Canberra
– A Cell Block 69 Christmas! @ ANU Bar
– Shifty’s Kristmas Karnage this weekend @ Belco Skate Park
– The Orphans Christmas, Fred Smith @ The Phoenix
– Blue Christmas @ Holy Covenant Anglican Church, Cook
– College Express 2012 at the Belconnen Arts Centre
– BUMPER BOATS COMING TO CITY WALK! For Christmas Carnival in the City. Thursday and Friday only
– Remember me: the lost diggers of Vignacourt at the War Memorial
– Local Feats, a retrospective of local feature films 1971-2010
– Toulouse-Lautrec the summer blockbuster for 2012-13
At the Phoenix:
The River and the Road
Saturday 22nd 9:30pm
The Fred Smith Band’s Orphans Xmas
– Beats & Bass . Thursdays . Trinity Bar
– Sarah McLeod & Kim Salmon @ Transit
– 666′s Big Breakfast Out
– PANG! pres. BAG RAIDERS (DJ TOUR DOWNUNDER) – Fri 21st Dec – TRINITY BAR
– The Feldons AND THE GAPS- Last gig for 2012. @ The Basement
– BOOMSDAY // Greet the end of the world @ The Clubhouse
– AMINE ALLALI + THE PROJEKTZ – SAT DEC 22ND – Trinity Bar
– THE END OF THE WORLD! @ The Basement
– Strictly Party #2: KATALYST / DANIELSAN / KATCH @ Trinity
– Subsquad – Christmas Party – Specimen A – Doctor Werewolf @ The Clubhouse
– Field Day Warm Up Party w/ PEKING DUK & OFFTAPIA – SUN 23rd DEC – Trinity Bar
– Tonk, Scaramouche, Wretch, Eyes to the Sky & Renegade Peacock @ Transit
Sat 22nd Dec –
CELL BLOCK 69 – 12th Anniversary of their final Tour Ever !
with LEISURE SUIT LENNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANU Bar / Stadium
tix thru ticketek or at door
This RiotACT section seems a bit more useful than the recently (today!) launched app “The Canberra Guide” (http://www.thecanberraguide.com.au/) which implies nothing much is going on in or around Canberra on the weekend (or otherwise).
Justa quick note- ticketek has closed for xmas. Tix for Cell Block 69are still available at the door tomorrow night !
Hi all – just a quick word on the Cell Block 69 show: Despite the confusing message on the Ticketek site saying “no longer on sale”, there will still be tickets available at the door.
So, unless I’m in a confusingly similar parallel universe, or got the date wrong (despite media saturation) it looks like the world didn’t end with either a bang or a whimper.
So the Centenary will be going ahead then…
The Front is running a Christmas Bicycle Adventure from 1pm:
Will you use UberX when it launches in Canberra in October?