It’s here! Can you feel the excitement? It’s the Canberra Day long weekend!
What’s worth seeing and doing around this extraordinary city this weekend?
Just leave your suggestions in the comments.
No related listings yet! Be the first to add one
From our Calendar:
– The return of the ‘Cock. @ Transit
– Box Wars might be my new favourite thing
– The return of the Sculpture Bar to the National Gallery
– 100 FREE BRODBURGERS (And may god have mercy on the souls of those queuing for them)
– The Necromancer of Black Mountain [Nerf War]
– Small brewers beer festival in the Botanic Gardens
– Imagining The Capital: Canberra on Film
– Want to discuss the future of Australian Sport? @ CSIRO
– Reasons to stick around for the Canberra Day long weekend
– Silent Film Festival continues until Saturday @ NFSA
– Calling all budding Walters and Marions, We built this city at Civic Square
– Design 29: Creating a Capital @ National Archives
– Behind the Lines, political cartoons at the Museum of Australian Democracy
– Parties at the Shops
– Spiegel Garden!
– Kastom, the art of Vanuatu at the National Gallery
– Enlighten 2013
– But Once in a History at Parliament House. The Canberra origin story…
– Remember me: the lost diggers of Vignacourt at the War Memorial
– Toulouse-Lautrec the summer blockbuster for 2012-13 @ NGA
– Art of Nature at the CSIRO Discovery Centre
At the Phoenix:
Thursday 7th 9pm
The Second Hand Salmon
Saturday 9th 9:30pm
2XX Local n Live Present The Bootleg Sessions
The Bus Vipers
Tuesday 12th 7:30pm
Andrew Galan’s Your Favourite Fictional Fascist Trivia
– Many Faces: Portraits from Canberra Photographers @ This Studio Gungahlin
– CJ Bowerbird and Friends @ The Front
– Walt and Mazz Enlighten Fest Pop Up Bar
– Theatre In Space @ Enlighten, National Archives of Australia
– Lights! Canberra! Action!
– Friday Variety @ The Polo
– Merry Muse 2XX Fundraiser with Moochers Inc, Matty Ellis, Trev Dunham and Pete West – 7:30 PM start
– Bronson (Melb) + Na Maza + Beneath The Tides + Eyes To The Sky @ The Basement
– EK CANBERRAVE ft Magic Bird 08/03/13 @ Trinity
– CUBE”S PHOTO CLEAN OUT NIGHT
– Groundwerk III @ The Clubhouse
– Nite Society feat. LURCH & CHIEF (live/melb) _ DAHRNOIR (live/canb) _ TOMTOM$ _ NITE SOCIETY DJS _ SAT MAR 9
– Super Raelene Bros @ The Polish Club
– Canberra Punk & Beyond present a Trip Wired Event-Renegades Revenge @ ANU BAR
– Beaten Bodies @ Honkytonks
– April’s Caravan presents Miss Mae and The King Hits at Lonsdale St Roasters
– NINA LAS VEGAS + TA-KU – SUN MARCH 10th – Trinity Bar (Black Opal Race Day After Party)
– ONE VERY BIG NIGHT AT MOOSEHEADS
– Training Squad at Canberra’s 100th Birthday Celebrations
– Fun Machine at Regatta Point for Canberra Rocks Festival
Free buses friday to watch the GWS Giants play mighty Essendon!
The Alliance Francaise Film Festival starts in Canberra today:
If one would like to see some fine musical talent ie. Pete Akhurst, Neon Honey and Jamahl Brown come this Friday evening to
Chrome – DJs playing Goth/industrial/dark electronic
Saturday 9th March, 9pm
Hellenic Club, Moore Street, Canberra City
And of course.. BEER FESTIVAL!!!
Is it time to retire the tally room?