The weather is improving!
Obviously because we live in Canberra we should all keep up a healthy level of paranoia. Actually trust the sunlight not to retreat rapidly the second we walk out in anything less than full winter gear would be foolish.
Still, it’s nice to look at.
Now, what can we do over the weekend?
Be sure to add suggestions to the comments.
No related listings yet! Be the first to add one
From our Calendar:
– The People’s Parliament at Old Parliament House
– Learn to skateboard this Saturday. for FREE @ Tuggeranong Skatepark
– Short + Sweet returns to Canberra @ the Courtyard Studio
– Rufino and the Coconuts at the Polish Club
– CSIRO delivers free lectures for Science Week
– A Very Queer Frosty Festival
– Decades. The Sunday session with an awesome soundtrack @ Transit
– Exhibition of Kevin Gilbert’s works at Civic Library
– Lichtenstein at the National Gallery
– 2113: A Canberra Odyssey @ CMAG
– Telephones at CMAG
– Turner to be the Winter Blockbuster at the National Gallery
– Design 29: Creating a Capital at the National Archives
– Behind the Lines, political cartoons at the Museum of Australian Democracy
If you haven’t been, the Museum of Democracy (Old Parliament House) has free entry at the moment because of the election (usually $2 per person).
Otherwise, Geoscience Open Day Sunday.
– Welcome Back To Messy Hands! @ La De Da
– Warbands Tournament @ National Library
– New Super Canberra StreetPass Meetup 6!
– The Ellis Collective Winter Residency
At the Phoenix:
Thursday 15th 9pm
Saturday 17th 9:30pm
Sunday 18th 5pm
A Very Queer Frosty Festival
3 Dykes and a Mic
Monday 19th 8pm
Birds Love Fighting Present The Bootleg Sessions
Open Day at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Centre (AKA Tidbinbilla Tracking Station).
Everything free, bus tours of the complex, secial treat for Star Wars fans.
(BUT make sure you turn all communications devices OFF or in Flight Mode before you leave the main road. Phones and even Bluetooth devices can interfere with the deep space communications and the dishes are working in daylight hours, unlike visual observing.)
From my facebook:
– VICES // REASON TO CARE Canberra @ The Basement
– ‘Snake Bite’ by Christie Thompson– Canberra Launch, Paperchain Manuka
– Daniel Savage -The Fall of Icarus – Drill Hall Gallery
– Pastel Galaxy Dream @ The Studio in Gungahlin
– HellosQuare Presents: Andrew Tuttle (Anonymeye) @ Smiths
– A-TONEZ + OCEAN ‘Game Changer Tour’ – Fri 16th AUG – Trinity Bar
– Ornella Gourmet Pasta Tasting @ Foodlovers Belconnen
– Blahnket Pres. OISIMA/ELECTRIC SEA SPIDER/PRIZE @ Trinity
– Subsquadron @ The Clubhouse
– Shadowhouse Pits @ Smiths
Pastel Galaxy Dreams Art Exhibition opening tonight!
Friday – Elisha Bones @ The Polish Club
Halloween in Australia?