Hey Rioters, it’s nearing the end of the working week and maybe the real week depending on which calendar system you prescribe to so it’s time to start planning your weekend!
As always here are some things we know about here at the RiotACT mobile bunker, and you can leave your tips in the comments below!
From our calendar:
– In Canberra Tonight III @ the Polish Club
– A very blemished evening at Smiths
– SciNight at Questacon
– Winter of Content at the Polish Club
–Underground City 2 @ the Magpies City Club
– Canberra Roller Derby League BOUT 3 Brindabelters Vs Surly Griffins @ Southern Cross Stadium
– Tease and Tearaways presents: Night of the Living Dead @ The Basement”
– Walk Together for equality
– Jazz garters at Theatre 3
– The Reluctant Shopper @ Canberra Theatre Centre”
– Canberra Gay & Lesbian Qwire’s 20th Anniversary Concert @ Llewellyn Hall
– Paris to Monaro: Pleasures from the studio of Hilda Rix Nicholas @ The Portrait Gallery
– OUTSIDE/INSIDE by Tessa Dorman @ The Front
– Turner to be the Winter Blockbuster at the National Gallery
– Colour Revolution at Soju Girl
– Design 29: Creating a Capital at the National Archives
– Behind the Lines, political cartoons at the Museum of Australian Democracy
– Kastom, the art of Vanuatu at the National Gallery
– Remember me: the lost diggers of Vignacourt at the War Memorial
– The Australian Burlesque Festival 2013 @ The Abbey
– LATIN MADNESS – Los Chavos & Mi Tierra – 22nd June 2013 @ St Johns Church Reid
Cracked Actor, Cromwell @ The Polish Club
From the Phoenix:
Thursday 20th 9pm
The Reverend Jesse Custer
Yoko Oh No
Saturday 22nd 9:30pm
Little mac and the Monster men
Monday 24th 8.00pm
CIT Presents The Bootleg Sessions
The Bee Cons
From my Facebook:
– Canberra’s Best Beard @ King O’Malleys
– Dark Star Fire @ The Ivy
– DCUP (VERSUS EP TOUR) + MIKAH FREEMAN – Fri June 21st – Trinity Bar ‘Pang! Pres’
– SLEEPMAKESWAVES “Australian Tour 2013″ w/ Time & Weight, A Drone Coda The Ians @ ANU Bar
– New Ground feat. Lost Few (VIC) @ Smiths
– Darkbeat Launch Featuring Anthony Pappa & Rollin Connection @ The Clubhouse
– Walk Together Canberra @ Reconciliation Place
– LATIN MADNESS – Los Chavos & Mi Tierra – 22nd June 2013 @ St Johns Reid
– Pang! & Our Sound DJ COMPETITION FINAL – Sat June 22nd – Trinity Bar
– Subsquad Presents – Kobra Kai – Insession Album Tour @ The Clubhouse
– Gig for beyondblue: Pocket Fox, Waking Wolves, Reuben Ingall @ The Front Gallery & Cafe
annual demolition derby and season finale at ACT speedway sunday from 10am
Local children have an opportunity to hear stories about our local wildlife and plants at a special activity at Tidbinbilla at 10 am on Sunday 23 June 2013.
Chief Minister, Katy Gallagher, has encouraged Canberrans to take part in a special family day at the National Arboretum this weekend to celebrate the opening of the new children’s pod playground.
The Pod Playground is open for the same time as the Village Centre 9am – 4pm daily. Children must be supervised by adults at all times.
Lifeline Canberra’s bookfair is on this weekend at Vikings Erindale auditorium. Open 2-6pm Fri, 9am-4pm Sat&Sun
The Canberra Gay & Lesbian Qwire is performing at Llewellyn Hall on Saturday night (22nd) 7:30pm. Come along and hear some fantastic music as part of our 20th Anniversary celebrations. Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GAYLESBI13&v=CSM or at the door.
Music for Everyone’s open day Sunday at the Ainslie Arts Centre 11-4
Sunday at 9.33pm in the sky (literally): A supermoon
Canty’s + Chocolate = promotional, chocolate giveaway, book purchases!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cantys-Bookshop/169200606711?hc_location=stream Less icy this morning. I’ll see you in Fyshwick! Prepare to be choculated
Are you in favour of Light Rail for Canberra?