Drawtism is a fun game that uses Pictionary to help understand the communication challenges faced by people with autism while raising funds to overcome these challenges. Do you remember the last time you played Pictionary and you couldn’t be understood by your team? Frustrating right? That’s exactly what Drawtism is about! So this June, sign up to drawtism.gofundraise.com.au and host your own game of Drawtism to inspire children of all ages and abilities!
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are lifelong developmental disabilities
- ASDs can be characterised by difficulties in social interaction, impaired communication, restricted and repetitive interests as well as sensory sensitivities
- Autism is the most common developmental disorder in Australian children
- One in 100 people may be on the autism spectrum, which equates to approximately 220,000 Australians
- There is presently no known cure for ASD however help is possible with early intervention and specialised education
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is one of Australia’s leading service providers working with people with autism and other disabilities. We provide information, support and a flexible range of educational services. We are passionate about people and it is our vision to provide the best opportunities possible to the 1 in 100 Australians affected by autism. For more information, please visit: http://www.autismspectrum.org.au/