Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Sponsored by Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Hackett cooking fire

By johnboy - 28 November 2012 0

ACT Fire & Rescue are currently on scene at a house fire on Burrell street, Hackett.

Fire has been extinguished and contained to a cooking facility in the kitchen.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paremedics are on scene supporting operations with no injuries reported.

Update to follow.

4:05 PM

One fire pumper on scene, with the Breathing Apparatus Van and a Command vehicle.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 3.44pm.

Fire contained to a portable gas cooktop on a kitchen bench with crews extinguishing the fire.

Occupants safely self evacuated.

Minimal damage to kitchen.

With the upcoming summer season and higher increase in the use of portable cookers, ACT Fire & Rescue would like to remind the community to ensure that hose connections are tight, in good working order and the gas cylinder’s are in operational date.

ACT Fire & Rescue also remind the community to “Don’t stop looking while you’re cooking.”

4:24 PM

Tags

What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2016 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.

Search across the site