[As seen in the Inner North]
Facebook brings word of a “Protest to Defend Wikileaks and Julian Assange – Canberra”, set to happen in Garema Place next Thursday.
Join the protests around Australia and the world to defend Assange and Wikileaks. The Canberra demo will be on Thursday the 16th of December – two days after Assange’s next court appearance.
Spread the word.
Briefly some thoughts on this:
- 1. A lot of people are projecting their own fantasies onto Julian Assange.
2. Almost nothing has been leaked that is news to anyone who was paying attention to the world in the first place.
3. The actual leaker Bradley Manning is likely to die in prison making Julian Assange a hero for very little actual increase in public knowledge.
4. Get a subscription to The Economist if you have been taken by surprise by wikileaks revelations and would like to keep up from here on in.
5. Have a thought to your future security clearances if you start taking part in Assange protests, and remember you could get jail time for joining the “Anonymous” payback attacks.
6. You’re a grown up, make up your own mind.