- 30 September 2010 at 12:00 pm
As part of the Belconnen Town Centre Improvements Project, new permanent bus stations in Belconnen are soon to be complete. These include the retail precinct bus station at the entrance of Westfield Belconnen off Lathlain Street, as well as the Belconnen Community Station located off Benjamin Way adjacent to the Community Centre.
Belconnen Community Council are hosting an ACTION and RoadsACT public presentation on these new developments at:
12.00pm- 2.00pm, 30 September 2010, Community Room 1,
Upstairs Belconnen Library, Chandler Street
To allow for buses to service these new stations, a new ACTION timetable will be introduced in November 2010. To coincide with timetable changes, ACTION will implement a range of improvements across the network. These include:
- Delivering new services to West Macgregor and Gungahlin
- Adopting the REDEX service into the permanent network and extending to Fyshwick
- Improving the spacing of departure times from Kippax
- Improving services into the Parliamentary precinct.
All Belconnen residents and employees within the Belconnen area are invited to this public forum. More info on our activities can be found at our website http://belcouncil.org.au/
Vice President, Belconnen Community Council