Skip to content Skip to main navigation


Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Laundry fire in Griffith

By Canfan - 29 May 2014 0

Firefighters have extinguished a fire which started in a laundry in a Griffith home.

ACT Fire & Rescue was called to Meehan Gardens at 3:28am.

A family of five, including three children, were home at the time and evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Three pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van and a commander attended the scene at the height of the incident.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a fault in the dryer. The laundry and a section at the rear of the house suffered significant damage and ventilation operations were conducted by fire crews.

Due to electrical damage the residents were unable to return to the property.

(ESA Media Release)

What’s Your opinion?

Please login to post your comments

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Copyright © 2016 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.

Search across the site