As a higlighted feature of the Woden Valley Festival for the past six years, Lift Off has been dedicated to providing young bands with professional performing experience, and 2013 sees the festival continue on this mission.
Bands compete for a prize pack that includes everything they need to launch themselves into the local music scene, including:
• A recording session at Infidel Studios
• Advertising with BMA magazine worth $1000
• A photo shoot of a live gig by Dan Luton Photography
• Graphic design of band merch or a CD cover by KTBX
• Marketing consultation and website development by Devil Moon
• A spot on the line up for Woden Valley Festival’s The Carnival.
Two heats will be held on 25 October and 1 November. The Lift Off final will be a festival-within-a-festival on Friday 8 November, with market stalls, food, loads of stuff to do and performances by the ACT region’s top six youth bands selected through the Lift Off heats. All events will be held at Woden Youth Centre.
Lift Off is open to all bands that are residents of the ACT region (within 100km of Canberra). All band members must be between 14-22 years of age.
Registrations close on 4 October and bands can find more information and download the registration form at www.wodenvalleyfestival.org.au.