Chief Minister Stanhope is letting us know that $1.1 million of upgrades has been completed at Lyons shop:
Upgrades to the centre include:
– new street furniture including seats, a drinking fountain, picnic settings and shade structures, bike racks, bins and a community noticeboard;
– significant improvements to pedestrian access in and around the shops;
– improvements to car park safety and an extra car space for people with disabilities;
– new lighting to enhance security;
– landscaping works;
– a new footpath connecting the shops to the bus stop, new kerb ramps and wider paving adjacent to shop fronts;
– seating wall and community gathering space; and
– improved recognition and visibility to the shop fronts from Davenport Street.
$120k in the form of an artwork is on its way.