Shame shame! It’s fun to shout!
Let’s shame some drivers shall we?
If you see a parking attempt you think is worth a shaming at please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to include the word parking in the subject and let us know what name you would like to be credited with.
1. Ryan starts us off in fine form this week with a couple of cars with identity issues…
Strange looking motorcycles in Barton
…and follows up with a photo that may not be from Canberra, but is a nice reminder that we’re not the only ones who try and squeeze in where we shouldn’t.
2. Jarrod’s eagle eyes spotted this sneaky parker:
Guy failing at parking in Dickson around 8.30am.
Too bad a couple cars didn’t park him in.
3. Dave is on the job at the ANU:
This car owner’s sense proportion might be a bit out…
4. Patsy has been doing her research:
The young woman who owns this one parks here, next to the Albert Hall regularly. She parks on this corner and catches a bus into Civic from in front of the hall, about 50 metres away. She parks on this corner despite the availability of legal and safe car parks a mere 50 metres or less away. She’s a little bit porky. This is what my brother calls ‘fat person parking’.
5. Bubzie sent us this little collection, the last one in particular is quite impressive:
Kippax, Sunday night. That’s like two cars worth.
Woden last night. Apparently no one could see the line…
6. An anonymous Rioter saw this scene play out:
This lovely lady mounted the curb, drove along the sidewalk for a few metres then parked about five inches behind the other car. She even got out, inspected her park, and thought it was fine enough to leave it where it was!
7. Johnboy caught sight of this while he was enjoying some theatre:
8. Andrew has been keeping an eye on Belconnen:
The red truck is on the footpath outside the Church’s Center in Belconnen.
White sedan is located at the DIMIA car park in Belconnen.
White S40 is not actually parking out side the lines as such, but the guy, a fellow Public Servant, has decided to abuse the slackness of the ACT government parking inspectors and is using the 5 minute parking zone all day. Let’s hope it does not catch on.
9. P1 is worried that parking may be dead:
Don’t know if parking will ever be a thing again, but this spot in Woden frequently has a car in it. This guy probably won’t park there again though.
10. Paul picked this up at the million paws walk: