Earlier in the week we had a lengthy look at things being done in the ACT to help the Victorian bushfire appeal.
Here’s a look at a few more that have come to our attention.
1. Coles donating profits tomorrow (Friday). Be a little wary when the profits are being offered rather than the takings. If you were probably going to shop at Coles anyway then doing it on Friday is a better day than most. But for a high turnover, low margin, business like a supermarket not much of your spend will actually end up helping in Victoria.
2. If praying is your thing there’s a “Service of Prayer and Reflection for the Victims of Fire” at St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Manuka at 1pm today.
3. Trevar sent in the following note from Canberra Rep:
6. ActewAGL has announced that their conglomerate is chipping in $100,000.
7. Local MacDonalds have announced a seriously generous contribution of sales on Monday. With 20% of takings between 5pm and 8pm to be matched 2 for 1 for an effective 60% of takings (for arcane tax reasons one can only imagine).
8. The local RSPCA has announced the dispatch of two of their rescue vehicle to the South with the following note:
At midday today at the RSPCA at Weston (Kirkpatrick St) the two rescue vehicles known as ARKS will be despatched to Victoria to render assistance to companion, production and wild animals.
The vehicles will be loaded with supplies for specific wildlife care arranged through RSPCA ACT and its wildlife caring network.
If you’ve heard of more local offers and deals for the charity drive send them in to email@example.com .