Chief Minister Stanhope has rather buried the lead in announcing the MyWay rollout is starting on Monday with Canberra’s Seniors being offered a combined MyWay/Senior’s card.
“MyWay represents the way forward for bus travel in the ACT and the first stage of this will be sending letters to the ACT’s 47,000 Seniors Card holders over a three-week period to give them the option of replacing their card with a combined ACT Seniors MyWay card,” Mr Stanhope said.
“Seniors interested in taking up the offer just need to complete the application form that will be enclosed with the letter and take it to any Canberra Connect Shopfront, ACT Public Library or the Council on the Ageing office in Hughes.”
The letters will be sent out by the Council on the Ageing, which has been working closely with the ACT Government over the seniors rollout.
“As an added incentive, seniors who take up this offer before the end of Seniors Week on 25 March 2011 will have $10 worth of bus travel pre-loaded onto their card,” Mr Stanhope said.
Mr Stanhope the seniors roll out would be followed by a gradual rollout to the rest of the ACT.
One wonders what other cards and services are planned to be integrated? Drivers’ licences anyone?
As for the rollout timetable, here’s what the great one has to say:
“MyWay cards are expected to be made available to the general community on Monday, 7 March. Cash fares will continue to apply and there will be a transition period until Monday, 11 April. School students will begin using MyWay cards from the start of the second term.”
Mr Stanhope said that the technical issues which had been identified in the trial of the MyWay system had now been rectified.