The Industrial Relations Minister Chris Bourke has launched a new asbestos awareness website:
The ACT Government’s Asbestos Awareness website has been entirely revamped and relaunched today. It is aimed at home owners, home renovators, tradespeople, the community in general and people who own or control non-residential buildings.
– which suburbs are most likely to have houses that were built with asbestos materials
– the common locations of asbestos in Canberra homes
– where to go to for more advice
– health risks, and tips for home DIY handy-people
– information for builders and tradespeople
– information on relevant laws and training
– information in relation to non-residential buildings
– requirements for people who control or own buildings in the ACT, and the information to provide to tradespeople who enter buildings.