Northside brick luggers to face court

By 5 December, 2013 5

After a lengthy and detailed investigation by ACT Policing, five people will face court over multiple incidents of property damage which occurred in north Canberra earlier this year.

Between February and April (2013), police received more than 30 reports of property damage to cars in the Belconnen and Gungahlin area.

Police will allege that four men, aged 18, 19 and 25, and one juvenile female, were in a silver Ford Ranger dual cab utility which was driven around the suburban streets, damaging numerous cars in Dunlop, Macgregor, Forde and Bonner.

It will be alleged that house bricks were thrown from the utility at other vehicles, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damage.

Two men were arrested in April for these offences however police released them in order to pursue enquiries regarding other possible suspects.

The five people are each charged with 37 counts of property damage.

The four men will face the ACT Magistrates Court on 13 February 2014 with the young woman facing the ACT Children’s Court on 14 February 2014.

[Courtesy ACT Policing]

Please login to post your comments
5 Responses to Northside brick luggers to face court
#1
MERC6005:13 pm, 05 Dec 13

Good work by the plod.

Lets hope we feel as pleased by the courts work.

#2
Ozi9:23 pm, 05 Dec 13

Must have been all those bricks they fingerprinted that lead to the arrests. Clearly.

#3
poetix11:19 pm, 08 Dec 13

Hodlums…

#4
dpm7:40 am, 09 Dec 13

poetix said :

Hodlums…

:-)

#5
Deref8:21 am, 09 Dec 13

poetix said :

Hodlums…

That’s very good.

Advertisement
GET PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
Advertisement

Halloween in Australia?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

IMAGES OF CANBERRA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.