Five awards and three accolades were given tonight to commend the important work of several organisations in the fight to prevent violence against women at tonight’s Partners in Prevention Awards.
“The ACT Partners in Prevention Awards recognise the contribution of best practice in strategies, programs and activities that create awareness of gendered violence,” Minister for Women Joy Burch said.
“It is about challenging and changing attitudes and behaviours to create a community where women and children are safe.”
2013 Award Recipients included:
– YWCA of Canberra, Respect, Communicate, Choose Program
– Canberra Rape Crisis Centre, Sexual Assault Prevention Program in Secondary
– White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Program
– University of Canberra Press Club
– University of Canberra Journalism and Media Faculty
– Year 9/10 Legal Studies, Canberra High School (Highly commended)
– Royal Australian Navy (Highly Commended)
– CFMEU: ACT Branch, Real men don’t abuse women Campaign (Highly Commended)