Chief Minister Gallagher is asking Canberrans to stop making her emergency department numbers even worse by coming in for non-emergencies.
Instead she suggests these alternatives:
– Community Pharmacist – your local pharmacist is qualified to give you expert advice on many health issues;
– healthdirect – call 24 hours a day seven days a week on 1800 022 222 for free expert advice and reassurance;
– Walk-in-Centre – for one-off treatment of minor illness and injuries for those over the age of two, see a specialist nurse seven days a week from 7am until 11pm, at Canberra Hospital;
– GP surgery – for ongoing comprehensive health care for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those who have complex medical problems, your GP is your best option; and
– CALMS – 1300 422 567, the call centre is open weeknights from 6pm and all day weekends and public holidays, with CALMS clinics open from 8pm.