Advertisement

Scullin dishwasher BBQ

By 26 November 2012 0

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire in a dishwasher at McIntosh Street, Scullin.

Crews are currently ventilating smoke from the residence.

Update to follow.

9:41 AM

No-one was home at time of the fire.

Fire contained to dishwasher.

A neighbour heard a smoke alarm sounding from the residence and called Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 9.28am.

Three fire pumpers on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van and a Command vehicle.

Crews are continuing with ventilation operations to the three bedroom house which has sustained significant smoke damage.

9:59 AM

Dishwasher was operating at time of the fire.

Crews are continuing with ventilation operations with the ACT Fire & Rescue Hazardous Materials Unit now also on scene conducting atmospheric monitoring.

10:29 AM

[Courtesy ESA]

Please login to post your comments
Sponsors
RiotACT Proudly Supports
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.