Attorney General Simon Corbell is thrilled with the latest data on criminal trends:
The criminal justice statistical profile, December 2011 quarter figures, tabled today in the Legislative Assembly, show annual decreases in most criminal offences.
Some of the key annual downward trends include:
– Motor vehicle theft (down 40%)
– Burglary/break and enter (down 36%)
– Weapons offences (down 30%)
– Robbery offences (down 28%)
– Assaults intending to cause injury (down 5%)
Mr Corbell said while there had been slight increases in some categories in the quarterly statistics, the annual decreases were encouraging.
“The ACT Government and ACT Policing are working hard on strategies that work to see ongoing downward trends in offences, particularly property crime in the Territory,” Mr Corbell said.