THE AVERAGE AUSTRALAIN IS VERY GREEDY

By 9 May 2012 46

Every sector of Australian society wants more money from the government but wants no increase in taxation.

Elderly people dont want to sell their house but expect the young people to pay for their care.

People want huge rates of return on their investments quickly without working for it.

Homeowners want their houses to go up in value by huge amounts leaving the young kids not able to buy a house.

I rest my case that Australians are greedy

I think a good dose of austerity is just what Australians need.

Bring on 15% GST, bring back death duties.

Please login to post your comments
46 Responses to THE AVERAGE AUSTRALAIN IS VERY GREEDY
#31
Sandman6:49 pm, 09 May 12

chewy14 said :

We need a good war to toughen the average Australian up.

There’s nothing like a little conscription to adjust some of these yuppies attitudes and we can even start off small by invading New Zealand. You know it makes sense.

Only problem there is that this country is already overrun with Kiwi spy’s and saboteurs in place ready to thwart an invasion from the inside.

Seems like good excuse to shove a Gruen Transfer clip in here too.

#32
Slice7:05 pm, 09 May 12

Pretty sure being Australian is a chromosomal disorder…….

#33
Postalgeek7:23 pm, 09 May 12

chewy14 said :

Postalgeek said :

chewy14 said :

We need a good war to toughen the average Australian up.

Because countries with mountainous terrain are always a push-over.

Are ewe saying the Kiwis will put up a fight? We’ll need to have the element of surprise and then Ram home our advantage.

I’m pretty certain they will not want to shear their country with anyone.

#34
Diggety7:40 pm, 09 May 12

You never want to go to war against a nation as pissed off as the Kiwis.

- We ‘stole their pav’ (pavlova)
- The underarm incident. Chappell you naughty boy.
- Some actors or something migrated here.

Now, what have we got to be angry about?

#35
dpm9:19 pm, 09 May 12

Speaking of austerity, it’s interesting to see what is happening in Greece ATM!
They are screwed if they don’t severely cut back, but the people have basically said ‘no’ to that austerity plan (as you would if you were in their position). However, the problem then is, won’t they be totally sent back to the dark ages in Europe if they don’t bite the bullet now? Now that’s a conundrum!
And we’re complaining about our economy and budget here! Hahahahaha!
Meanwhile, Spain has an unemployment rate of ~24%…. Poor buggers.

#36
JAGARA12:22 am, 10 May 12

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

#37
astrojax4:39 am, 10 May 12

i thought you already rested it; back to sleep, now…

#38
wildturkeycanoe6:10 am, 10 May 12

You forgot to mention Australians are egotistical, racist, lazy, arrogant and a bunch of drunken yobbos who care more about footy and cricket than what the PM is saying. Might as well spit it out if you have something to say, don’t hold back eh??!!
I think we should call for some OZterity measures, such as RDOs every second week instead of…no, how about every Friday, because it’s POETS day. Change the flag to something that means something to us, like a koala, or a can of Jim Beam. Get rid of all those expensive electric powered yuppie cars and make our own V8 Holdens and Fords, they never broke down as often and do 0-100 in 12 seconds. C’mon, get real and make a change for the future of our kids, make ‘em Aussie proud!

#39
Mr_Shab6:44 am, 10 May 12

JAGARA said :

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

Well, that settled our hash.

#40
screaming banshee6:46 am, 10 May 12

JAGARA said :

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

bahahahahahaha

“old people have worked all their life to have nice things and I want my nice things now”

YOU JUST MADE MY MORNING jagara

#41
dpm7:05 am, 10 May 12

JAGARA said :

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

Didn’t you already rest your case? ;-)

#42
Primal8:13 am, 10 May 12

JAGARA said :

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

You’re resting it again? That’s just greedy…

#43
Duffbowl8:54 am, 10 May 12

JAGARA said :

Judging from the 35 comments, I rest my case.

What specifically from each of the 35 comments causes you to believe that you have made your case?

Dot points please, and if you could practice the use of correct spelling and grammar, it might help your case.

#44
thehutch9:01 am, 10 May 12

I’d happily take a rise in the GST if there was a decrease in income tax.

But I don’t want more (or any) money from the Government, I just want don’t want to be heavily punished for working my butt off when I work a second job.

#45
Tetranitrate10:07 am, 10 May 12

dpm said :

Speaking of austerity, it’s interesting to see what is happening in Greece ATM!
And we’re complaining about our economy and budget here! Hahahahaha!
Meanwhile, Spain has an unemployment rate of ~24%…. Poor buggers.

Actually Greece would be considerably better off had they just defaulted 2 years ago, re-introduced their own currency and devalued it ala Argentina in 2001-2.

What has been pushed on these countries has never worked and will never work. Trying to cut a surplus out of an economy that is already weak will shrink revenue further and make things worse – it’s entirely predictable and it’s exactly what’s been happening for the 2+ years that this has been dragging on.
I’m not actually aware of any instance where an internal devaluation has actually been successful either – deflation is pretty much always extremely destructive

I’ve said it elsewhere, but the way the EU/Germany has pushed these policies on national governments and acted through them to utterly wreck these economies is actually very dangerous for countries that don’t have particularly strong democratic institutions to begin with.
As we’ve seen in the most recent elections in Greece, democratic institutions are being rapidly discredited and extremists are making gains, the equivalent of Liberal/Labour over there don’t even have a majority between them anymore.

#46
VYBerlinaV8_is_back11:27 am, 10 May 12

thehutch said :

I’d happily take a rise in the GST if there was a decrease in income tax.

As would I. This would also encourage people to save, if that’s what we wanted to do.

Get Premium Membership

Are you in favour of Light Rail for Canberra?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

IMAGES OF CANBERRA

Sponsors
RiotACT Proudly Supports
Copyright © 2014 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.