Mayor Rattenbury is asking for public input on plans for the Tuggeranong Town Park:
“A draft master plan has been developed to guide future management, maintenance and upgrade of the park over the next five to ten years as funding opportunities become available. I encourage people to review the plan and provide comments during the consultation period, which runs until 5pm on Friday 22 March 2013.”
Key recommendations for the park include:
– improved pedestrian and cycle access into the park
– an activities area for young people that incorporates elements such as rock climbing walls to be located adjacent to the existing skate park
– new entries into the formal garden from Anketell and Collishaw Streets
– redesign of the formal garden to provide an area for casual game play. This includes a level gravel playing surface, shelters, lighting and power outlets
– a new lake edge path to improved access along the foreshore
– additional pergolas and park furniture
– enlarge and upgrade the existing play space
– potential for a contemporary water play feature.
You can get involved on Time To Talk
The full plan is online.