The Sustainable Energy Policy sets out four key outcomes, backed by 27 detailed measures. The 4 key outcomes
– Outcome One: Reliable and Affordable Energy;
– Outcome Two: Smarter Use of Energy;
– Outcome Three: Cleaner Energy; and,
– Outcome Four: Growth in the Clean Economy.
Some of the measures proposed to back up these outcomes include:
– Measure 6: Further investigation of the roll–out of smart meter technology to assist households to better manage their energy use;
– Measure 9: developing an energy savings initiative to support households, particularly low income earners, to save energy and reduce energy costs and usage;
– Measure 14: review of the Green vehicles duty scheme and mechanism to further encourage the use of less energy intensive vehicles; and,
– Measure 22; Assessing the feasibility of distributed energy production in large developments at the Canberra Hospital and the Braddon – Reid ACT Housing redevelopment projects.