The Liberals Alistair Coe is asking why the Government won’t answer basic questions about the Capital Metro light rail plan:
The information on light rail the Liberals sought answers to were:
– the timeline for the decision making and construction progress;
– the expected cost to taxpayers of pre-construction and construction;
– the predicted patronage, running costs and staffing once operational;
– the population within reasonable walking distance of a light rail stop;
– plans for park and ride facilities;
– the financial models for funding the project; and
– what feedback was received from Infrastructure Australia as a result of the 2008-federally funded proposal.
“I’m disappointed that the Government is not passing on information about how they intend to honour their huge financial commitment,” Mr Coe said today.