Shane Rattenbury has announced he’s kicking off the consultation on next year’s bus network.
– a new service linking Molonglo to Woden and Cooleman Court with a peak hour Xpresso to the City – these services will support increased residential development in the Molonglo Valley
– a new Rapid service between Gungahlin and Belconnen
– a new service for Hume
– improved services between Erindale and Woden
– improved services to the airport and surrounding business park precinct
– increased Xpresso services between Weston Creek and the City, including an Xpresso direct to the City from Cooleman Court.
– improved services into the Parliamentary Triangle, including two new dedicated morning peak services from Woden and services from Gungahlin which now extend into the Triangle rather than terminate in Civic.
Meanwhile the Liberals’ Alistair Coe wants to know how this will join up with light rail?
Shadow Minister for Transport Alistair Coe claims the proposed changes to the bus network, in particular Gungahlin bus services, undermine the ACT Government’s light rail strategy.
“Rather than treating Gungahlin Town Centre as a hub, which would be required for light rail, ACTION will now run continuous services to the City, Barton and Russell from numerous Gungahlin suburbs,” Mr Coe said today.
“Whilst this is probably a positive for commuters, it further undermines the Government’s case for light rail.
One would imagine that the bus services can change should the light rail ever arrive?