So here we are again at Christmas time.
Rosebud sent in this picture with the following text:
- Sshh Godzilla, the Baby Jesus is sleeping
Spike here is making his presence felt in the humble manger of the Holy Family at our place. The kids insist he must not miss out on all the worshippy goings on. Darwin would be turning in his grave.
Which reminds me… It’s time to send in to us your pictures of your Christmas trees. The best one, as judged by the RiotACT critics circle, will win a prize. Just email in to firstname.lastname@example.org .
I haven’t tried this, but I’m told for best pictures of christmas trees with lights (tricky because you need to balance the light levels of light sources and the tree itself) follow these steps:
- 1. Manually set the white balance of your camera to incandescent or tungsten.
2. Position yourself and the tree, near sunset, so the darkening sky is in the background.
3. Take a photograph every minute as the light dies.
4. If you don’t have a tripod make sure the camera is braced on something stable as you’ll need longer exposures.
We look forward to seeing what the good people of Canberra can come up with for their christmas trees.