A real Apple store for Canberra?

johnboy 24 March 2012 61

Seek is indicating that a genuin Apple Pty Ltd store is coming to Canberra.

Apple Retail Genius – New Store Opening – Canberra
— Tired of being trapped behind your desk? A technical support role with Apple will have you feeling inspired again!
— You’ll be surrounded by an amazing group of people & let’s not forget products!
— Be truly supported and offered continuous career development to see you grow, the sky’s the limit!

Anyone know where?

(Thanks to Mogwai for the tip)

61 Responses to A real Apple store for Canberra?
1 2 3 Next »
Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 8:08 am 26 Mar 12

My god! A genuine Apple Store, what, here in Canberra? Anyone would think we were a capital city or something.

c_c c_c 1:24 am 26 Mar 12

Frustrated said :

Once upon time in the 80s, there used to be an Apple store in Phillip. Not this new Mac1 type store or franchise either.

No, not likely. Aside from the 2001 format of Apple store being their first foray into retail, the Macintosh was only released in 1984. You don’t set up a worldwide network of stores just for a single product, much less set up so many stores you finally make it to Canberra.

Apple has always traditionally relied on dealers and the one in Philip would have been no different.

Frustrated Frustrated 11:23 pm 25 Mar 12

c_c c_c 5:10 pm 25 Mar 12

lindilou said :

DeskMonkey said :

I thought there was one already in the new part of the Canberra Centre (under Dendy).

Checked the Apple.com.au site : http://www.apple.com/jobs/au/retail.html if you look to the left there is no actual mention of a new Apple store in Canberra.
Because I was bored I went through the process of applying but there didn’t seem to be an indication of where the store is. I guess we have to hold our breath and wait

It is actually. You need to go one step further in finding where vacancies are.

No it doesn’t, just says Canberra.

lindilou lindilou 4:20 pm 25 Mar 12

DeskMonkey said :

It is actually. You need to go one step further in finding where vacancies are.

rosscoact rosscoact 3:10 pm 25 Mar 12

Gungahlin Al said :

Why would it matter? Is an Apple product somehow different if purchased at a genuine Apple store instead of JB or Dick Smith? Would it do anything to address the undeclared price fixing on Apple products across all retailers?

It would be good to be able to get the support services that Apple provide. Plus a bit of competition will only benefit the consumer.

I did try JB but when they tried to pass off an 11″ Mac Air as a 13″ even though it said 11″ on the box I gave up. Does Dick Smith do Apple?

bikhet bikhet 2:38 pm 25 Mar 12

Bring it on! Somewhere for the hipsters to hang out and so reduce their numbers on the street.

gospeedygo gospeedygo 2:36 pm 25 Mar 12

Gungahlin Al said :

Well, from Apples point of view, they are trying to control the retail ‘experience’ associated with their products by opening their own store for not only solely retail but also repair and even training. It’s all designed to hook customers and have them come back again and again spend more. Apparently it works quite well.

Gungahlin Al Gungahlin Al 2:10 pm 25 Mar 12

Shinigami_Josh Shinigami_Josh 9:50 am 25 Mar 12

rosscoact said :

urchin said :

let’s hope the rumours are true. i’ve completely given up on mac 1…

I’ve had good service at the ANU branch but the Civic branch was the reason that I recently spent $2800 at apple.com.au

ANU branch moved to under UniLodge so even closer to civic.

rosscoact rosscoact 8:28 am 25 Mar 12

urchin said :

let’s hope the rumours are true. i’ve completely given up on mac 1…

urchin urchin 11:01 pm 24 Mar 12

let’s hope the rumours are true. i’ve completely given up on mac 1…

Deref Deref 4:53 pm 24 Mar 12

Can we expect visitations from St. Steve? 😀

thegirl thegirl 4:11 pm 24 Mar 12

DeskMonkey said :

No – that’s a Mac 1 store

DeskMonkey DeskMonkey 2:59 pm 24 Mar 12

c_c c_c 2:35 pm 24 Mar 12

trevar said :

c_c said :

This indignation is BS since most people don’t seem to mind questioning just how you can buy an HP or Toshiba laptop these days for under $700. Revelation people: they come from far worse sweatshops.

Settle, petal. It was a joke, not indignation! Paranoid much?

I love my iPhone as well as my Toshiba, and I am very grateful to all those folks who died so I could have them. I will observe an extra minute’s silence on Anzac Day before I get my iPhone back out to check in. 😀

lol, glad to hear.

Unfortunately most people who make a point about the worker conditions in my experience have been very serious about it.

Golden-Alpine Golden-Alpine 2:24 pm 24 Mar 12

This was rumoured a few years back to be located at Majura Park.

trevar trevar 2:03 pm 24 Mar 12

c_c said :

Settle, petal. It was a joke, not indignation! Paranoid much?

c_c c_c 1:32 pm 24 Mar 12

trevar said :

I wonder if we’ll get suicide nets too!?!?

That didn’t take long. Unfortunately what people forget is that Foxconn and other OEMs were making high price products for other big brands long before Apple came back to life.

In fact if you’ve picked up a Kindle, played on an Xbox, typed on a Sony VAIO or used any number of products from other brands, the same comment applies.

trevar trevar 1:21 pm 24 Mar 12

I wonder if we’ll get suicide nets too!?!?

1 2 3 Next »