This in from our friends at the ABC:
A.C.T. 7.30 FRIDAY, JULY 6TH.
1. MOSQUE: Today (Friday 6th) is the last day for public responses to the development application for a mosque in Gungahlin. Those opposed have been meeting behind closed doors. They don’t want the mosque but neither do they want to be revealed as racists.
2. URIARRA :Only 6 houses remained in Uriarra after the 2003 fires. It has now been rebuilt but in addition to replacing the original 23 houses, the land has been divided and sold for a further 70 houses. Adam Shirley explores how the old and the new are managing to blend.
3. UTOPIA : Local author, Ben Stubbs, has followed the trail of the Australians in search of Utopia in Paraguay.
4. COOMA COMMERCE: A small business in Cooma is developing a worldwide market – selling fashion items on the net.
5. WHITE AT THE LIBRARY: The Patrick White exhibition at the National Library closes this weekend. ABC Archives provided some interviews with the literary icon.
6. CLOSER: To celebrate NAIDOC week, the photography of Darren Clark and his images of Indigenous Northern Territory.