ACT Policing declares war on shift workers

johnboy 13 September 2013 64

There’s little in the world quite as exciting as a new police campaign.

This tweet was particularly exciting:

It lead to something even more exciting, a new video inciting paranoia against shift workers and the growing ranks of people who work from home!

God forbid anyone lead a life not conforming to ACT Policing’s grim little view of life.

But what should we expect after this March’s sex war upon the hipsters,

God help a shift working hipster.

screenshot

UPDATE FROM BARCHAM: I just went and visited their stall in Garema place during my lunch break, where I was equipped with powerful knowledge to help me defend my neighborhood.

BE AFRAID AND SCARED

OF TOMATOS
It’s hard to see, but that shed has tomato plants in there.

I am now scared of people with curtains, sheds, gardens, cars, fences, or any job that isn’t 9-5 Monday to Friday.

In short, I am now convinced everyone in Braddon is a drug dealer.

I’m on to you lot!

64 Responses to ACT Policing declares war on shift workers
1 2 3 4 Next »
gazket gazket 3:55 pm 13 Sep 13

I’ve never seen the curtains open across the road. There’s also 4 uni students live next door. There’s people there all the time. AFGestapo

The gov still think we’re convicts.

puggy puggy 3:26 pm 13 Sep 13

Judging by those yellow speech bubble signs with that font, the AFP appears to be linking Dick Smith stores with drug lords.

IrishPete IrishPete 3:21 pm 13 Sep 13

I think the man visible at the window in a gas mask should be a bit of a giveaway.

But now we know how to get the police to turn up to thefts from motor vehicles – go to the neighbour’s house and dob yourself in for having the curtains closed during the day.

IP

Grrrr Grrrr 3:17 pm 13 Sep 13

So, not everyone in Braddon is a drug dealer, just a user?

The police could bust a few dealers and their clients by watching the payphones around Braddon ..

PBO PBO 2:29 pm 13 Sep 13

Aeek said :

kea said :

Jeez, we’ve always been in the habit of closing the curtains when we’re out so that nobody can see in the windows.. or sometimes in summer I keep the curtains closed to keep the heat out..

and on these cold days, to keep the heat in.

Then you may be a drug dealer and not even realise it! Do you or someone you know, use curtains?

Then it may be too late………..Curtains KILL!!!! (by proxy in the way everything is connected in some way)

Hopefully it will never get to this ridiculous stage and we become Fortress Canberra®.

For them to say that curtains may be a sign of nefarious deeds being hidden is drawing a pretty long bow. I really hope that it is all a joke.

I suppose you could say spermacide is a form of genocide by that same logic (better get the boys down in legal to look at that one) and logically these genocidal wankers need to be stopped, but it wont happen because it is silly premise to base anything on and realistically, no one would want to try to cuff criminals until they washed their hands.

One could effectively stay on the run for weeks if they didnt wash their hands.

I say this because with this mentality, even owning them would make you susceptable to unwanted scrutiny by John Q. Law and being able to make them could make you a criminal empire or even less likely, a potential choice of skill-sets if they make an Oceans 14.

Linus Caldwell: So this new guy, whats he do?
Danny Ocean: Whats PBO do? I’ll tell you what PBO does, PBO makes a mean set of curtains and he is gonna be the one hiding us from unwanted attention.
Linus Caldwell:He can do that?
Danny Ocean: He’s doing it right now, have a look. Can you see anyone out those windows?
Linus Caldwell: Daaaaamnn!

I really there will not be any roadblocks or car searches when I do my Lincrafts run because I am now afraid that my overlocker will count as drug paraphenalia and I will only be able to by denim in sex-shops (except it would probably be called something different like Sensual burlap or Rough rider cotton from then on and black stone wash denim would be the material equivalent of a black guy).

Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 1:46 pm 13 Sep 13

Looks for the signs, chemical containers and strange smells……

“Every time you make a cup of tea or coffee you are doing chemistry,” he says. “You are extracting certain materials you do want from those you don’t want – you don’t want to crunch your way through coffee grinds to get the delicious coffee taste.”

beardedclam beardedclam 1:41 pm 13 Sep 13

The easiest way to tell if your neighbour is a drug dealer is when you hear the dodgy music playing in the background when you walk past their house.

Barcham Barcham 1:39 pm 13 Sep 13

Updated with photos of the Civic event.

DrKoresh DrKoresh 1:21 pm 13 Sep 13

Spitfire3 said :

“If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide.”

Doesn’t mean that it’s anybody else’s business though.

p1 p1 1:16 pm 13 Sep 13

I know several people with those roller shutters on their windows. God forbid you use them for their intended purpose…

niftydog niftydog 1:16 pm 13 Sep 13

That’s the frame they chose as the thumbnail?!

switch switch 1:13 pm 13 Sep 13

kea said :

Yeah, that’s what all drug growers say.

magiccar9 magiccar9 1:13 pm 13 Sep 13

kea said :

…or sometimes in summer I keep the curtains closed to keep the heat out..

This one is a good point. Same at my place. Looks like the coppers are going to be busy this summer – and they think they’re overworked now….

Dante Dante 1:10 pm 13 Sep 13

My unit faces east-west, and has sliding doors and windows at the front and back of the unit.

My TV sits in front of my front sliding door, and so I’ve got the curtains closed nearly all the time.

I’ll be expecting a visit from the po-po soon I guess?

Aeek Aeek 1:09 pm 13 Sep 13

kea said :

and on these cold days, to keep the heat in.

Spitfire3 Spitfire3 1:08 pm 13 Sep 13

“If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide.”

wildturkeycanoe wildturkeycanoe 1:05 pm 13 Sep 13

I’d better roll up my garden hose, clean up those buckets at the side of the house, stop going shopping and get a cheap rubbish car. Also have to remember not to use garlic whilst cooking and stop being so paranoid.

kea kea 1:02 pm 13 Sep 13

Grimm Grimm 12:52 pm 13 Sep 13

So, security cameras and fancy cars = drug dealer. Riiiiight….

DrKoresh DrKoresh 12:52 pm 13 Sep 13

Ah, I love the ‘snitches’ tag, JB. 😀

johnboy johnboy 12:47 pm 13 Sep 13

Now that I think about this, a lot of coppers could well end up with their neighbours grassing them up.

1 2 3 4 Next »