ACT Policing declares war on shift workers

johnboy 13 September 2013 64

There’s little in the world quite as exciting as a new police campaign.

This tweet was particularly exciting:

It lead to something even more exciting, a new video inciting paranoia against shift workers and the growing ranks of people who work from home!

God forbid anyone lead a life not conforming to ACT Policing’s grim little view of life.

But what should we expect after this March’s sex war upon the hipsters,

God help a shift working hipster.

screenshot

UPDATE FROM BARCHAM: I just went and visited their stall in Garema place during my lunch break, where I was equipped with powerful knowledge to help me defend my neighborhood.

BE AFRAID AND SCARED

OF TOMATOS
It’s hard to see, but that shed has tomato plants in there.

I am now scared of people with curtains, sheds, gardens, cars, fences, or any job that isn’t 9-5 Monday to Friday.

In short, I am now convinced everyone in Braddon is a drug dealer.

I’m on to you lot!

64 Responses to ACT Policing declares war on shift workers
FrankieBT FrankieBT 9:40 am 16 Sep 13

I was of mild interest in these event on Frijday but the Corbell person was speaking to media but no loudspeakers for publics to hear. I hear policeman say to someone who ask: <>

Ok.

curmudgery curmudgery 11:44 am 15 Sep 13

They forgot to mention ‘iffy’. Drug people, I’ve heard, tend to be a bit ‘iffy’. So watch out for that, too.

T1G3R T1G3R 2:48 am 15 Sep 13

Heh, the house i grew up in, my neighbours which r still there are drug dealers/pros. The cops raid her house like every six months and they still cant put her away. Maybe after her kids hit 18. It sucked ever since they moved next door.

Postalgeek Postalgeek 10:48 am 14 Sep 13

Pork Hunt said :

Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot said :

Nobody picked up on the former WIN TV journalist turned actress?

Not Mr G’s type…

Mr G’s type will be easy to pick: she’ll have her curtains drawn all the time, and will have lots of surveillance around her house.

Sammy Sammy 10:26 am 14 Sep 13

Does DSE know they stole their branding?

dkNigs dkNigs 9:42 am 14 Sep 13

I always kept my curtains drawn on the old house while at work, you know, to stop people looking in and deciding my big TV and Xbox would look better in their lounge room than mine. I’d also keep the eaves down all summer, because the house was a god damn sweat box and I needed to keep as much sun out as possible.

Must of been because I was trying to recreate Breaking Bad at home though…

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 9:18 am 14 Sep 13

Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot said :

Nobody picked up on the former WIN TV journalist turned actress?

Not Mr G’s type…

IrishPete IrishPete 9:16 am 14 Sep 13

Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot said :

Nobody picked up on the former WIN TV journalist turned actress?

I thought I recognised her, but not being an aficionado of commercial television, never mind their inane news programmes, I would never have placed her.

I am sure she was a great newsreader, but I don’t think she’s a very good actress.

IP

Queen_of_the_Bun Queen_of_the_Bun 8:37 am 14 Sep 13

DrKoresh said :

Spitfire3 said :

“If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide.”

Doesn’t mean that it’s anybody else’s business though.

I think you missed the irony.

Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot 11:22 pm 13 Sep 13

Nobody picked up on the former WIN TV journalist turned actress?

HardBallGets HardBallGets 11:21 pm 13 Sep 13

Exactly

Concerned Concerned 9:45 pm 13 Sep 13

Aeek said :

Concerned said :

tim_c said :

Can’t you see it guys?! A brand new flash car, next-door neighbour has CCTV surveillance… I’d be “Concerned” too. 🙂

so what are you trying to imply…. that because a young person works their butt off from 13 years old to buy a decent but certainly not flash car that they must be drug dealer??

I thought it was a humorous attempt to link the two threads, on one hand we have the police disappointing people like your daughter, on the other we have this campaign wanting something from us. Maybe if they disillusioned people less, this advertising would be taken more seriously?

My apologies… I didn’t read it like that at first but now you’ve mentioned it I do.

Right now I just feel like the police in this town are a joke… Don’t do anything to help… But then want us to do their jobs

LSWCHP LSWCHP 9:18 pm 13 Sep 13

I rented a house in McKellar after I split up with my horrible ex wife. A few weeks after I moved in, another dude moved into the house next door.

He put up 6 foot high colorbond fences all around his new house. Then he got a giant slavering savage rolling eyed monster dog the size of a horse that I thought might gnaw its way through the colorbond. He never walked it or anything, and he obviously hated it based on the shouting I heard from his yard, but no sane person would ever have gone into that yard while the dog was there.

People constantly came and went from his house at all hours. And I mean noon, midnight, 4am, whatever. Constantly, all hours.Some of them seemed pretty skanky, and others seemed to be teenagers with vast amounts of money. One regular teenage visitor drove a late model Mercedes sedan with a custom aparkly metallic-fleck paint job, lowered suspension, fluffy dice hanging from the rear vision mirror and a number plate that read “Mr Big”. I swear I’m not making this up.

Although it never occurred to me at the time, I now suspect that I may have lived next to a drug dealer.

Aeek Aeek 8:56 pm 13 Sep 13

Concerned said :

tim_c said :

Concerned Concerned 6:56 pm 13 Sep 13

tim_c said :

poetix poetix 5:36 pm 13 Sep 13

‘I’m cooking up verse, officer, on the muse’s glorious hotplates.’

Love that headline.

Jim Jones Jim Jones 5:34 pm 13 Sep 13

FXST01 said :

Yes let’s all ridicule the Police for being proactive and actually trying to do something about drug dealers and manufacturers.

Yes, lets!

James_Ryan James_Ryan 5:26 pm 13 Sep 13

FXST01 said :

They’re not though.

They’re encouraging the public to be proactive and try to do something about drug dealers and manufacturers.

FXST01 FXST01 4:48 pm 13 Sep 13