Forgot your medication? Need pain killers quick? Need instant medical advice? Head to a reliable late-night chemist in the Canberra region.
After hours chemists stay open past 5pm, with many not closing their doors until 11pm. Why? Because medical emergencies can happen when we least suspect it, whether that be an excruciating tooth-ache, a strange rash, or forgotten prescription medication.
In this article, we’ll share with you our readers’ top picks for after hours chemists in Canberra and surrounds. These pharmacies are open late and stock a wide range of medical products, beauty, and gift ware, and employ staff that are both friendly and knowledgeable.
What Makes a Reliable After Hours/Late Night Chemist?
When you need to visit the chemist after regular business hours, it is imperative you can find a well-stocked pharmacy as soon as possible. Medical needs are nothing to take lightly, and some situations simply cannot wait until the morning.
When seeking out a late-night chemist in Canberra, look for the following must-have traits. Tick all of these boxes and you are guaranteed to have a positive chemist experience.
- Long opening hours. First and foremost, the best after hours chemists close at 10pm or later. While other pharmacies may shut at 7pm or earlier, it’s the chemists that keep their doors unlocked through the night that can really save the day.
- A great range of medical products. Chemists should primarily stock medical products. From first-aid must-haves, pain killers, and dental care, to antihistamines, asthma puffers, and antiseptic creams, the best late-night chemists have it all.
- Knowledgeable staff and pharmacists. Sometimes you have a medical issue that you’re not quite sure how to treat. In these cases, advice from your pharmacist can ensure a safe and speedy recovery. What’s more, floor staff should be able to help you locate the products you are looking for.
- A variety of medical services. These days, many chemists have a variety of medical services on offer. After hours, these may include blood pressure monitoring and iron level checking.
- Well-priced. Long opening hours is always a bonus, but at the end of the day, you don’t want to be ripped off. Look for a late night chemist that charges competitive prices for its products and services.
Agree with our list? Share the traits you look for in a go-to chemist in the comments area below.
The Top 3 Late Night Chemists in the Canberra Region
After reading through your feedback and doing our own local research, we’ve come up with this list of the top three late night chemists in the Canberra region. Not only are these chemists open late, they also offer a great range of products, all at fair prices.
Let’s get right to it.
1. Chemist on Northbourne
Conveniently located on the corner of Alinga St & Northbourne Ave, Chemist on Northbourne is a fool-proof pick. Open 7 days a week from 8am until 11pm, this pharmacy is a great place to stop in after work.
A favourite among local residents, Chemist on Northbourne employs some of the friendliest, most experienced staff in the region. With extensive knowledge on all things health and beauty, you can rest assured you’re getting the best possible professional advice.
Whatever your concern, query, or medical issue, drop into Chemist on Northbourne after hours for a top-quality pharmacy experience.
2. Capital Chemist O’Connor
Open until 11pm 365 days a year, Capital Chemist O’Connor is a great late night pharmacy. For more than 15 years, the proactive staff have provided residents of Canberra with thorough medical and beauty advice.
Committed to a high level of service, the team at Capital Chemist O’Connor are always striving to better meet the needs of their community. With this dedication in mind, systems, stock, and staff are reviewed on a regular basis. The result? Trustworthy advice and the most up-to-date health care on the market.
One of our commenters, la_psyche, highly recommends Capital Chemist O’Connor. “They’re open til 11pm every day – apparently even on Christmas,” they wrote.
3. Canberra Day and Night Pharmacy Ginninderra
If you’re looking for an after hours chemist in Belconnen, Canberra Day and Night Pharmacy Ginninderra is a sound option. Open every day of the year, except Christmas day, from 8am until 10pm, this truly independent pharmacy is there to serve your needs.
One of Canberra Day and Night Pharmacy’s selling points is the principal pharmacist, who is one of the few fully certified consultant pharmacists in Canberra.
Your Favourite After Hours Chemist in Canberra
Which chemist do you use after hours? Let us know in the comments area below.