All Saints Anglican Church in Ainslie is letting the world know they’re re-opening their doors this Sunday having been closed since Easter to replace the floor with stone tiles.
The church building was previously the mortuary railway station at Rookwood Cemetery, Sydney, which was built in 1868. In 1958-9 the old stone building was dismantled and transported to its present site on the corner of Bonney and Cowper Streets. Click here for details.
The 1959 reconstruction involved the installation of a cork tile floor, which had reached the end of its life, so a decision was taken to move worship to the All Saints hall while a stone tile floor was installed. That has now been completed and the parish has been busy cleaning the dust created by the work and re-installing the church’s furniture, ready for Dean Phillip Saunders to bless the new floor on 10 July.