As the first seminar on this subject on 19 January is fully booked, a second FREE seminar will provide participants with information regarding the ACT’s new asbestos laws, which take effect on 1 January 2015.
Participants will receive an overview of a range of matters, including:
- Changes to the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 to encompass the nationally ‘harmonised’ regulations relating to asbestos, with certain modifications particular to the ACT
- New requirements to notify WorkSafe ACT before commencing certain types of work
- Changes to the Dangerous Substances Act 2004
- The two new Codes of Practice – How to Safely Remove Asbestos and How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace
- New Guidance Notes relevant to asbestos
- Asbestos awareness training requirements
- New terminology.
The second seminar will be on 2 February 2015.
REGISTER NOW as this important seminar is sure to be popular!
Click here to register to attend this seminar.
(WorkSafe ACT Media Release)