As the first seminar on this subject on 19 January is fully booked, a second FREE seminar will provide participants with information regarding the ACT’s new asbestos laws, which take effect on 1 January 2015.
Participants will receive an overview of a range of matters, including:
- Changes to the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 to encompass the nationally ‘harmonised’ regulations relating to asbestos, with certain modifications particular to the ACT
- New requirements to notify WorkSafe ACT before commencing certain types of work
- Changes to the Dangerous Substances Act 2004
- The two new Codes of Practice – How to Safely Remove Asbestos and How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace
- New Guidance Notes relevant to asbestos
- Asbestos awareness training requirements
- New terminology.
The second seminar will be on 2 February 2015.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
REGISTER NOW as this important seminar is sure to be popular!
Click here to register to attend this seminar.
(WorkSafe ACT Media Release)