Anyone know where i can get a good pie?

jessyrahhh 30 May 2009 42

I haven’t had a decent pie for a while now, but i had the best one the other day at michels patissiere in lanyon. beef cheese and bacon 🙂

But everytime I try and get one in tuggers there all gone:(

Anyone know where i can get a decent pie?

42 Responses to Anyone know where i can get a good pie?
1 2 3 Next »
deezagood deezagood 10:41 am 31 May 09

ant said :

While waiting for that though, the vietnamese bakery at Kingston does some really good, honest pies. And you don’t have to deal with the wankers up at Silo.

Oh I don’t know Ant; I think it is worth the wanker-factor just to get a hold of those seriously good poached eggs with chilli jam – mmmmmmmm.

Steady Eddie Steady Eddie 10:38 am 31 May 09

VIP Pies in Dundas Ct, Phillip.

astrojax astrojax 10:27 am 31 May 09

what’s wrong with a four and twenty, then?

actually, i’d suggest rutherglen – brilliant!

and on a pie-related sad note, i came through berrima a couple months back to find to my horror that the pie shop there had closed. vale the berrima pie.

more locally, can second [or fourth, where we up to?] the cornucopia concoctions.

Clown Killer Clown Killer 8:54 am 31 May 09

The bakery at Nuggets Crossing in Jindabyne. It’s well worth the trip.

ant ant 10:58 pm 30 May 09

A place I worked at recently seemed to have a black market running in boxes of pies from some bakery at Murrumbateman. No one since seems to have heard of it though.

I’d love to find on eof those pies we used to get years ago, those square ones, a bit soft, with that jelly-meat filling with bits of black pepper all through it.

GB GB 8:51 pm 30 May 09

Croissant D’Or in Civic.

Small supply, but those Portuguese sure can cook pies! And you can get fab religieuse while you’re there!

t0m t0m 7:30 pm 30 May 09

There is a great place in Cooleman Court in Weston. Its just opposite the newsagents. Home made, traditional pie.

MWF MWF 6:26 pm 30 May 09

Hughes Bakery – Yummy bakery treats all round.

el el 6:20 pm 30 May 09

+2 Cornucopia.

Also a fan of the bakery at Hughes shops for a good pie.

mred mred 6:06 pm 30 May 09

+1 Cornucopia.

Steak & Mushroom, Excellent. My biggest problem is not also buying a plum pudding, etc . . .

barking toad barking toad 4:50 pm 30 May 09

Thank you for starting this wonderful thread.

The coffee ones are so yesterday.

xdave xdave 3:50 pm 30 May 09

I don’t know about recently but Cornucopia on Mort Street Braddon used to do some killer pies and pastries

deezagood deezagood 3:43 pm 30 May 09

My sister in law has this nifty gadget that is pastry cutter/pie cooker all in one … we had a pie there last week and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to whip up a home-made version, and the pie was just perfect! I am sooo getting one of these gadgets for my birthday this year!

screaming banshee screaming banshee 2:30 pm 30 May 09

willo said :

BEMBOKA

2nd that, bemboka pies are awesome.

Re Michels, I’ve been to their factory, I’ve worked on their equipment, I’ve scrubbed myself down afterwords but the dirt and smell just doesn’t seem to come off.

Postalgeek Postalgeek 1:42 pm 30 May 09

arescarti42 said :

My favorite is the butcher/baker at the Griffith shops. They do some fantastic gourmet pies. Lamb Moussaka and Mexican are my two favorites.

I love their Lamb Moussaka pies. Sadly they make them at irregular intervals. On the plus side, that makes them serendipitous as well as tasty 🙂

arescarti42 arescarti42 1:32 pm 30 May 09

willo willo 1:29 pm 30 May 09

BEMBOKA

Ari Ari 1:05 pm 30 May 09
Ari Ari 1:04 pm 30 May 09

A good place to start is that search box at top right.

E.g. http://the-riotact.com/?p=5756#comment-75018