Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Business

We develop leaders who transform
business, society & economies

Apprentice sparky shocked then injured in fall

By johnboy 20 September 2012 1

Worksafe is reminding people that stuff can be dangerous:

The reminder comes after a 20 year old apprentice electrician suffered serious injuries after apparently receiving an electric shock and then falling approximately five metres to the ground yesterday afternoon. The young man was working at the old bus depot in Phillip at the time of the incident. He is currently in the Canberra Hospital. 
 

“I am currently involved in an inquiry into safety on construction sites following a number of fatalities and other incidences in recent times. It is troubling that an incident has occured in another industry in the ACT,” Mr McCabe said.
 
WorkSafe ACT is investigating yesterday’s incident.

What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to
Apprentice sparky shocked then injured in fall
Filter
Showing only Website comments
Order
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
pptvb 9:36 am 21 Sep 12

Bright Lights Electrical are in a fair bit of s*** here.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2018 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site