A great number of you have been busy with your phone cams documenting the shocking selfishness and poor driving skills of Canberra’s bad parkers.
And so without further ado here we go.
1. No sooner had Barcham (last seen at the Folk Festival no doubt having a lovely time) posted last week’s story than the new ones started rolling in. This one from c_c:
Walking back from Lonsdale Roasters, and right on cue for parking fail Monday…
2. Paul had this shot:
The front guard of the red car was nearly touching the door of the green car.
3. Andy was emphatic about this effort:
This douchebag at the New Acton Apartments either really likes room to swing his doors, or is sick of people parking in his spare spot – in a nearly empty swipe-pass car park.
4. FXST01 noted this aberration in Fyshwick:
Every time I visit this area (Fyshwick) the same car is parked the same way. Car owner must be a bit precious.
5. Shaun promises this was parking and not just driving.
Saw this a little while ago car was well and truly parked no attempt made to get next to the curb just parked basically in the middle of the road. lol
6. Busbooster was not impressed:
This jagoff drives his X5 really fast as I’m trying to cross the road to catch my bus, so I have no hesitation in submitting him for your condemnation. The sign says NO STOPPING!
7. Mark notes a Canberra/Bentley double down at the coast:
no where safe from canberra parking
taken at Tomakin IGA near the Moorings timeshare yesterday afternoon – having a bentley means never having to say you’re sorry!
8. Busbooster came back for a second bite at the cherry:
This photo was meant to be a comment on the cavalier parking habits of local construction workers. Instead, it turned out to be an accidental masterpiece of forced perspective – the man in the foreground appears to be hauling his tiny workmate up the hill on his inappropriately parked 4WD.
9. Pork Hunt found more coastal atrocities (it should be noted with NSW plates):
Parking fail duet from B’Bay last week.
10. Julian sent us the best of Erindale:
The funniest part about this is the guy was walking back to his car as we drove off, carrying a six pack of low-carb beer. Kinda says it all!
11. A reader has sent in his own car that has been the subject of a parking vigilante:
I love grabbing a coffee on Monday then browsing through photos of Canberra’s worst parking. Thanks for the laughs.
This morning I jumped in the car to find someone had stuck this sticker on my windshield! I was parked on my front lawn outside the house (Kambah) on Saturday night, didn’t think was actually illegal but happy to be corrected. The sticker was a pain in the you know what to remove too. Maybe I have a grumpy neighbour or we have a bad parking vigilante in Canberra.
Anyway was wondering if any of your readers had seen or experienced anything similar on their cars?
Happy for you to post the picture on the site but would prefer to remain anonymous.
12. Bubzie got in on the action:
Double bad parking at the Hellenic club tonight.
13. And P1 rounded out lucky number 13:
Not very bad parking by RA standards, but it was Sunday evening, and
80% of spaces in the carpark were empty…
As always keep your eyes peeled, your phones ready, and zap the results through to firstname.lastname@example.org .