Business

Buying or selling? Get the right advice

ASIO seeks executive to deliver curses in “Canaberra” [sic] ?

By johnboy - 18 May 2009 23

ASIO has long been suspected of dabbling in the dark arts but there was an interesting job advertised last week which seems to confirm suspicions.

Job Title: Counter Terrorism Intelligence Training Program
    Job Type: Ongoing, Full-time
    Salary: $94,040 – $101,509
    Location: ASIO Central Office, Canaberra | ACT [sic]
    Agency Classification: ASIO Executive Officer Grade 1

To make an effective contribution to the Program, you will need to be adaptable, able to solve no-notice problems overseas, and have the necessary research skills to develop and deliver curses within specific deadlines.

We suppose it’s nice to think our pagan friends have such a great career opportunity opening up.

Just in case it goes missing here’s a screen shot of the whole shebang:

What’s Your opinion?

23 Responses to
ASIO seeks executive to deliver curses in “Canaberra” [sic] ?
astrojax 3:07 pm 19 May 09

too much info, carrots.. ;/

eyeLikeCarrots 9:44 pm 18 May 09

kos said :

Good lord that’s one of the best posts I’ve ever written. They are also under your bed monitoring your sex patterns I hear.

Now that would be a boring job… I’m not getting any nasty at the moment :-\

kos 8:38 pm 18 May 09

Written = read, that was a bit of a fail.

kos 8:37 pm 18 May 09

eyeLikeCarrots said :

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy said :

Funny and all, but a couple of typos in a job ad doesn’t seem to me to be news.

Funny if its in a job ad for Mc Donalds.

Embarassing if its authored by the same people who read your email and listen to your phone calls.

Alarming if its a failure of process for something as simple as a job ad in a process orientated org like Gov.

These people also write warrants…

R. Slicker 5:00 pm 18 May 09

ogrex said :

When it comes to typos in the Canberra Times, I’ve become convinced that someone there is using dictation software to write their articles. It seems at least once a month I come across a wrong word that seems to be a phonetic error rather than spelling.

For example: “The High Caughts ruling…”

I stopped taking The Canberra Times seriously when they spelt the word Gallipoli wrong in a headline a few months ago.

astrojax 3:10 pm 18 May 09

of course, brain outstripping fingers with typographical puns – meant ‘crucified’…

astrojax 3:09 pm 18 May 09

looks like a job ad for john safran… is he back from getting cruxified in the philippines yet?

Danman 3:02 pm 18 May 09

Molehill, meet my friend mountain.