Ask RiotACT: Recommendation for GP experienced in treating people with a genetic disability

rommeldog56 7 March 2017
Ask RiotACT

Hi Everyone,

Recently, after 28 years looking after a person with a genetic disability (Spina Bifida), our GP has retired. Attempts at finding a replacement GP, one who we can talk to, have confidence in, can build a relationship with and who is experienced in and/or has an interest in treating and co-ordinating the care of a disabled person, especially one who has Spina Bifida (with its multiple and often evolving medical issues), have been to no avail.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a GP who is experienced in or has an interest in, treating and co-ordinating other medical services needed for a person with a genetic disability?

All suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.


What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site